UPDATE (8/7/2018): The CEC has extended the deadline to apply until September 14, 2018.
The California Energy Commission (CEC) just launched a new funding program specifically for food processors.
The CEC will fund food processors for EE and renewable energy projects through the Food Production Investment Program (FPIP). Team Wexus has a lot of experience with CEC projects. We can help submit your application. Contact our Operations team here if you're interested & we will reply within the next 24 hours.
|FPIP Guidelines. Source: California Energy Commission|
Here are the FPIP Funding Highlights:
- Receive up to $3M per project (with a minimum of $100K per project).
- Combine awards for up to $6M per company.
- Invest match funds of 35% per project (from internal or other sources).
Why did the CEC create this program?
- To accelerate the adoption of advanced energy efficiency & renewable energy technologies that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions at California food processing plants.
- To help Californian food processors modernize equipment, reduce operational costs, and stay competitive out of state and internationally.
What dates do I need to know?
- All applications are due to the CEC by September 14, 2018 at 5pm PST (NEW!).
- Projects would generally need to begin by February 2019 & be completed by March 2023.
What technologies and projects are eligible?
- Internal metering and software, such as the Wexus App, to manage and control electricity, natural gas and/or fossil fuel use if part of a larger project that reduces energy usage.
- Compressor controls and system optimization.
- Machine drive controls and upgrades.
- Advanced motors and controls including variable frequency drives.
- Refrigeration optimization.
- Drying equipment.
- Boilers, economizers.
- Steam traps, condensate return, heat recovery.
- Controls for compressed air, automatic blow down for boilers.
- and more...